Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: New 60 second movie

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Patriarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2002
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Christian Marcussen did a great job on the score. With only 60 seconds, he was able to create mood and a theme. If anyone needs a composer for their films, I strongly recommend Chris.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Thanks Beau!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member phreejimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2003
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey miker, dupe wasn't that bad. I thought Foreshadow was bad though. (guy knows something bad will happen in the near future and stops it from happening. Haven't you ever seen something very familiar before? I liked the acting in Dupe better than the other films, but the main guy in the Safety First is good too. I didn't like the dirty guy in Dupe though, it just seemed pointless (Who's really that dirty anyway?). And gas masks, I dont know about those. I don't know why though. So over all, Disposed was good (I was gonna freak out if the disposal went off), Murder was alright but still good, (I kinda knew what was gonna happen, so it took the fun out of the ending), I did not like Foreshadow at all, Dupe had a good production value but was wierd in bad way (i was like what the **** is going on most of the time and I kept thinking of The Matrix and Johnny Nuemonic, but in a "your copying off of them, arent you?" sort of way), And Safety First was the best one there. It was original and looked cool. It was funny too. Sorry this is long and mean and stuff, but Im new and I was just saying what I thought and didnt hold back.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Patriarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2002
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't like the dirty guy in Dupe though, it just seemed pointless (Who's really that dirty anyway?).</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Dirty? Isent it a zombie? og well? He does have some similarities... lol.. but with the small movies (size and compression) its hard to see details.

    Miker - Dupe looks like it is originaly a longer... correct? If so, I think thats part of the problem. The others, as far as I can tell, are designed as 60 second movies which makes them more simple (in a good way)

    As for foreshadow, what I like about it is the way it replays itself once he takes off the glasses. Instead of just showing what is going to happen in some dreamy images, and then cutting to the guy with glasses dealing with what he saw, it replays. I like that

    &lt;font color="#a62a2a" size="1"&gt;[ January 17, 2003 03:32 AM: Message edited by: Christian Marcussen ]&lt;/font&gt;

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 17, 2003 03:40 AM: Message edited by: Christian Marcussen ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member 60secondmovies's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2002
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    phreejimmy,

    Thanks for all the feedback on the movies. It's nice to get reviews on all the films at once. And you weren't being mean, just honest. It was hard to please everyone with Foreshadow. Because people have so many opinions about time and fate. Murder so far is the highest rated on the site. People always email me about that movie with good reviews. A lot of people like "Howdy" as well. Disposed is a quiet hit. Not many people talk about it or tell me their opinion about it, but it's rating is high. And then there is safety first. That one is probably the most original of all the movies because it wasn't inspired by another film or idea. Just that rule you always heard as a kid about how to hold scissors.

    Chris,

    I also liked the way Foreshadow repeats itself. I personally dislike those dreamy future or flashback shots used in movies. I wanted to make it more of a surprise rather then a strait forward vision of the future.


    Beau

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Patriarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2002
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the short. I love your music too Christian.

    So, how does a 90 minute feature sound? [img]wink.gif[/img]

    m0ds

  7. #17
    Inactive Member nicolas_arson's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2003
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    theres some good little movies there. i like.

    u might already hav seen it but check out this little gem made by the cast (inc. myself, the zombie killer)

    http://www.untamedaggression.iofm.ne...ng_zombies.mpg

    its only rough and low-budget buthey, who cares.

    hope u like, let me know if u do

  8. #18
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sorry to drone on about Dupe, but i will anyway:

    you are right that it is cut down from a longer short film. the longer version probably isn't any easier to understand. but it's quite slow paced, and i think the slow pace is reflected in the 60sec version (along with the lack of understanding of editing language, ho-hum) because when you compare it to the other 60sec movies they are so full of energy, yet Dupe plods along weaving its web of confusion upon the viewer. as the filmmaker, i don't see a problem with that. my personal measure, when i'm trying to be objective, is this: if i were channel-hopping, how long before i lose interest in this and flip to the next channel? i think the strength of all the 60sec movies is that they are all *engaging* no matter what your end opinion of them.

    as for the comment on the production values ... if only you knew the truth!

    oh, and the creepy/dirty guy isn't a, ..... aw shucks i won't ruin the illusion for ya.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member machead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Quit making excusing Miker. I'm not gonna P_I_S_S down the back of your leg and tell you its raining. I don't like the way you've cut it.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Patriarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2002
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey, thanks m0ds. A feature. Well.. depends on your script/budget/time frame [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Im most likely doing two features over the next three months. One in Feb, one in March. [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    And ok miker.. he isent a zombie... thats the impression I get from watching Dupe. The production does look expensive... was it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •